Wearing a face mask has become a routine part of our daily lives. Whether at the store, at work, or on public transit, we now ‘mask up’ by habit. But choosing the right mask isn’t just about personal preference. There are important health and safety considerations too. Here are three tips to help you choose the right mask for you:
- For starters, make sure a mask fits well, completely covering your nose, mouth, and chin. A good fit helps ensure a proper seal, so the air you breathe goes through the mask and not around it.
- You’ll also want to ensure that regular breathing isn’t compromised by your mask. Heavy cloth materials can inhibit air flow (while failing to actually block airborne particles) and can get hot.
- Give some thought to the level of filtration your mask provides. After all, staying protected from harmful airborne particles and pathogens is what wearing a mask is all about. You don’t need an N95 respirator, but the popular (and cheap) three-ply ‘surgical masks’ have been shown to provide only limited protection.
At PureMSK, we have combined world-class technology with American manufacturing and thoughtful design to create a proven FDA-cleared surgical mask that is lightweight, breathable, and comfortable enough to wear all day long. Here are key features of PureMSK:
- FDA-cleared surgical mask
- NIOSH tested to 95%+ filtration efficiency (Note: PureMSK is not an N95 respirator)
- Lightweight and breathable for all-day comfort
- Tri-fold design; light and thin, yet durable
- Nose clip and ear loops for comfortable fit and seal
- Made in USA